The following five questions are part of a 15 Question Sustainability Product Index public made availed by Wal-Mart. These questions or similar ones are part of the SafeSourcing discovery process and why we have more than 25 safety and environmental certifications in our Global Supplier Database of over 300,000 retail suppliers to support retailer?s social responsibility initiatives.
1. Do you know the location of 100% of the facilities that produce your product(s)?
2. Before beginning a business relationship with a manufacturing facility, do you evaluate the quality of, and capacity for, production?
3. Do you have a process for managing social compliance at the manufacturing level?
4. Do you work with your supply base to resolve issues found during social compliance evaluations and also document specific corrections and improvements?
5. Do you invest in community development activities in the markets you source from and/or operate within?
We look forward to and appreciate your comments
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.