Also known as (EPP) how often do companies think this through when conducting their
Environmentally Preferable Product or Process also known as (EPP) identifies a product or service that has a lesser or reduced impact on human health and the environment when compared with competing products or services that serve the same purpose. Such products or services may include, but are not limited to those which contain recycled content, minimize waste, conserve energy or water, and reduce the amount of toxics either disposed of or consumed.
One practice we use at SafeSourcing on a daily basis is the process of questioning the impact of a current or planned action as to its environmental impact. A great example of this is the exchange of contracts and invoices with our customers and other business partners. Electronic signature capability and EDI have been an accepted business process for years. Yet many companies continue to exchange their contracts and invoices via the mail system in the form of a hard copy and exchange checks for payment in the same manner.
There are five simple steps that can be used to reduce the environmental impact when sharing this type of information between businesses.
1. Pay all invoices electronically and save the paper and ink required to print the documents, stamp the envelopes and mail the check.
2. Review drafts of all contracts and agreements on line prior to the final signature version.
3. Open the signature line of the final version for pasting an electronic signature.
4. Store all documents and contracts electronically
5. Back the data up regularly and store a copy off site.
A few of the benefits to the above related to the environment are.
1. Reduction in the use of paper products for copies, stamps and envelopes.
2. Reduction in the use of ink products such as toner.
3. Reduction in cost of stamps
4. Reduction in the companies recycling tonnage.
5. Longer printer life
6. Reduction in utility costs.
This entire process just requires a little thought.
We look forward to and appreciate your comments.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.