The same question is always asked by those new to the process. How do we benefit from participation in this type of process?
SafeSourcing Inc. places a great deal of value in our SafeSourceIt™ Retail Supplier Database of over 350,000 suppliers located in Mexico, Canada the United States, China, Korea, The United Kingdom and the European Union Additionally we also place a great deal of value on each individual supplier regardless of size. We believe that well thought out next generation e-negotiation tools can provide significant benefits to buyers and suppliers whether they are hosting or participating in e-negotiation events such as reverse auctions of RFI’s.
Some but certainly not all benefits that suppliers can anticipate from SafeSourcing are:
1. An easy to use e-negotiation tool limited to a single page view where a supplier can be completely comfortable that their company’s best foot is being put forward to the soliciting company.
2. An increase in new business opportunities through engagements they would otherwise not be exposed to.
3. Clean data about the soliciting company and an accurate listing of their event guidelines, specifications, terms, conditions and other information necessary to build an accurate and successful pricing strategy.
4. Best practice training in event participation and strategy development.
5. A clear focus on what’s important beyond price in next generation e-negotiation tools such as supplier safety certifications and practices as well as their environmental programs that will differentiate them from other suppliers.
6. Closed loop reporting of results of the specific e-negotiation event a supplier participates in as well as a detailed supplier feedback questionnaire report.
7. Significant time savings associated with new business development that becomes more and more costly as fuel and other related prices continue to rise.
8. Industry pricing trends extrapolated from their view of low quote information during the event if allowed by the soliciting company.
9. Use of the same e-negotiation tools for their own procurement needs.
10. Introduction to an educational website that provides all sorts of free tools for procurement professionals use including a daily safety alerts from over 25 sources, a daily sourcing blog, a sourcing wiki and SourceBook™ the industries only social network for procurement professionals.
We look forward to and appreciate your comments.