A new customer asked me this question the other day.
As you might imagine, each of the steps I offer below can easily be expanded to include a great deal of detail. However, since the question came from a senior executive who was really looking for an elevator ride type of answer I offer the following as a simple guideline.
1. Select customer & provider project leads
2. Conduct detailed category discoveries
3. Rank categories and findings by category
4. Develop a and prioritize a category strategy
5. Select lead category items
6. Conduct supplier discovery & research
7. Select suppliers
8. Train suppliers
9. Conduct online e-negotiation
10. Deliver online e-negotiation reports
11. Analyze e-negotiation results
12. Request samples if necessary
13. Award Business
14. Sign contract and begin delivery
15. Report ROI.
We know these steps return results quickly.
We look forward to and appreciate your comments.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.