As your organization develops their procurement goals and or resolutions for 2011, use the following list as a source of inspiration.
1. Lower costs.
2. Drive improved quality.
3. Insure that products are guaranteed safe.
4. Build and maintain high quality product specifications.
5. Find a source of unlimited new sources of supply.
6. Aggregate your purchases.
7. Look at ways to use new technology.
8. Take advantage of software as a service applications to avoid large license fees.
9. Make procurement education and training a priority.
10. Review all of your existing suppliers.
11. Collaborate with other businesses to increase savings.
Remember that simple goals written down are the most achievable.
We look forward to and appreciate your comments.