With changes in organizations and technology, customer focused goals and objectives have become unrealistic.
Today’s post is by Shelly Hayre; Project Manager at SafeSourcing.
With changes in organizations and technology, customer focused goals and objectives have become unrealistic. But, why? Research shows customer focused companies outperform their competitors in profitability, innovation, and customer satisfaction. It seems like a no-brainer that companies would remain customer focused, but it is slipping away from companies.
Many changes in business contribute to this challenge to remain customer focused.
1. Processes and protocols- Organizations focus on protocols and process with lacking empathy for customers’ needs. Customer service departments are unaware of customers’ needs.
2. Information silos- This limits customer interactions through the organization and do not have clear image of big picture.
3. Technology- Technology is saving organizations labor, but is it hurting their customer focus? The empathy, I discussed earlier, does not come from robots or voice-prompts.
How do you get customer focused AGAIN?
1. Define “customer focus” for your organization- What does being customer focused mean in your organization? Make sure everyone understand this and the level of expectations.
2. Get everyone’s buy in- If only directors and sales department give input to initiative and not every level of service is on the same page, execution will fall through. This will only make things worse for the customer.
3. Help employees connect- it is very easy for employees to become disconnected with customers. Provide the training and skills to handling customer concerns and provide empathy when needed.
4. Add customer to the agenda- If your organization is having meetings without discussing customers, how can you be customer focused? Customer discussion should be included in meetings.
SafeSourcing has a team that is trained and provides the skills to be customer focused. We care about your needs and want to help you and your organization. It does not stop there, though. We understand your suppliers are very important too. We treat your suppliers like they are our customers.
At SafeSourcing, we will take every step to exceed all parties’ customer service expectations.
For more information on how we can help you with your procurement needs or on our “Risk Free” trial program, please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service Representative. We have an entire customer services team waiting to assist you today.
We look forward to your comments.