Succeeding in procurement and supply chain management requires a broad diversity of skills
Today’s post is written by Heather Powell, CFT Director & Project Manager at SafeSourcing Inc.
Reason 7: It requires a diversity of skills
Succeeding in procurement and supply chain management requires a broad diversity of skills. The skills required in the past, such as; hard-balling suppliers, policing compliance with procurement rules, and administering paperwork and procedures are now longer adequate. Instead what is required are CEO type skills, such as;
• Driving business performance and achieving business results
• Strategic thinking
• Partnerships and strategic alliances
• Internal collaboration and communication
• Understanding markets, predicting change and managing risk
• Innovation and creative thinking, including; new products and new markets.
We hope you have enjoyed the series on why we love procurement & Supply Chain Management and that you too will love each!
For more information on how SafeSourcing can assist you in exploring your procurement solutions for your business or on our “Risk Free” trial program, please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service Representative. We have an entire customer services team waiting to assist you today.
We look forward to your comments.