Here are he details of the Carter 10c?s and their betterment of your supplier selection process.
Today?s post is by Tyler Walther; Account Manager at SafeSourcing.
Carter?s 10 Cs of supplier evaluation or selection is named after Ray Carter, Director of DPSS Consultants, who originally developed the 7 Cs of effective supplier evaluation. The Carter 10 C’s model is an internationally recognized approach and taught in procurement studies. This has since been extended to 10 and they should be applied by anyone who is involved in either selecting or evaluating suppliers.
- Competency – Does your supplier have the ability to deliver the products you require?
- Capacity ? Does the supplier have sufficient capacity to provide the products you require? Capacity can include equipment, human resources and materials.
- Commitment – Does your supplier have the commitment to maintain suitable quality performance?
- Control – Is your supplier in control of their policies and procedures?
- Cash – Does your supplier have a solid financial standing?
- Cost – What is the cost of products from the supplier?
- Consistency – Does the supplier guarantee a consistent product?
- Culture – Does the supplier share the same cultural values as your organization?
- Clean – Does your supplier have an appropriate sustainability policy?
- Communication – What tools will you utilize to communicate with your supplier?
Using the Carter 10 Cs will not only better your supplier selection process, but it will also level the playing field while selecting and evaluating suppliers. We enjoy bringing this blog to you every week and hope you find value in it.?For more information on how we can help you with your procurement needs or on our ?Risk Free? trial program, please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service Representative. We have an entire customer services team waiting to assist you today.
We look forward to your comments.