"What is the difference between Blown and Cast Stretch Wrap??
Today?s post is?our SafeSourcing Archives
Within the Stretch Wrap industry, there are hundreds of thousands of SKUs of stretch wrap. Most of the stretch wrap that SafeSourcing sources are for warehousing purposes and shipping freight. ??When reviewing the specifications there are some things to note.
The second type of film that I will be focusing on is the Cast Film. The ?Cast? indicator on the stretch wrap refers to the manufacturing process that the film undergoes. There are advantages and disadvantages using cast film versus blown film outlined below:
- Cast film is much stronger than blown film.
- Cast film is more durable in warehousing situations.
- Depending on the manufacturer, cast film can be more expensive.
- Cast film can be difficult to read through after layering it.
- Stretch Wrap Machines may have difficulty stretching the cast film properly.
- Cast film is considered the old technology.
In order to achieve the best specification, call SafeSourcing today.
For more information on how we can help you with your procurement needs or on our ?Risk Free? trial program, please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service Representative.? We have an entire customer services team waiting to assist you today.
We look forward to your comments.