If your workload may at times be overwhelming .....
Today?s blog is by Margaret Stewart, Executive Assistant at SafeSourcing.
If your workload may at times be overwhelming and you find yourself struggling to keep up, organization may help with your prioritization. One of the best ways to get organized and keep up on your workload is by creating lists. Here are ways lists can help you.
- Lists help you to simplify. Tons of paperwork, deadlines, and emails can feel overwhelming, but making a list can show your to-do list is not quite so mountainous.
- Help your process. When your tasks are clearly defined, you may discover ways in which you can accomplish all your duties more productively.
- Breeds commitment. Many times, tasks get avoided or pushed off, but when it is clearly stated and kept in mind, procrastination is met with action.
- It prioritizes. Once all your duties are listed in front of you, you begin to notice what are the big projects and which aren?t quite so important. This is especially useful when the workload is greater that available time.
- Positivity and accomplishment. When items on your list are checked off one by one, you get a sense of accomplishment knowing that you have made progress. That satisfaction leads to greater positivity and even helps you to work more productively, happier, and smarter.
Not only can lists help in all these ways, but reading a list oftentimes is preferable to reading memos, notes, or even paragraphs. Even if you aren?t the type to make your own lists, try it sometime and test how well you accomplished your tasks. Chances are, you saved much more time completing your duties than it took to think about, write, and edit your to-do list.
If you need ideas or help on how you can save time in your procurement efforts, or on our Risk Free trial program, please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service representative. We have an entire team ready to assist you today.
Thanks. We look forward to and appreciate your comments.