Gayl Southard discusses 5 Ways to Motivate Employees.
Today?s post is by Gayl Southard, Administrative Consultant for SafeSourcing.
Traditional methods of motivating employees is all very familiar within organizations: good compensation and bonuses for targets achieved, praising teams? performances, encouraging joint decision? making, and leading by example are all second nature to many business people.? As time and business evolve so must the ways we try to get the best from employees.? Listed below are five ways to motivate employees.
- Help Employees Understand the ?Why?. When a new employee is added to your organization, make sure they are aware their role is vital. Explain exactly why they are doing their job and what they are out to achieve in making clients and customers? lives easier. Give employees a purpose. A self-motivated employee is more personally accountable for their objective.
- Acknowledge all Progress Made. It is imperative for employees to feel like they are accomplishing something and their work makes a difference. Make sure to acknowledge progress is being made rather than a target not being hit. It is demotivating if a specific target has not been hit and giving up at that point is detrimental to future success. If employees receive recognition for whatever they do in the right direction, it will inspire them to work harder to exceed their objectives.
- Provide Career Development.Encourage employees to develop their skills, as well as the role within the organization. Opening job vacancies to existing staff will increase motivation and entice them to invest more in the organization.
- Encourage Work-Life Balance. Modern workplace puts emphasis on the importance of a balanced work-life. A happy employee is a motivated employee ? develop fun and leisure activities in your organizations, such as celebrating birthdays, graduations, first-home purchases, as well as other significant milestones.
- Know Employees as Individuals. It is wise for Directors and team leaders to invest time in developing a good rapport with their employees. Every individual ? even when doing the same job has a unique skill set and work style. Having an open-door policy so people feel you are accessible and open to their views makes them feel appreciated.
Safesourcing is motivated to help you achieve your business goals! For more information on how we can help you with your procurement needs or on our ?Risk Free? trial program, please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service Representative. We have an entire customer services team waiting to assist you today.
Executive Insight, Omar Hosari, 12/15/15