Customer Service is more than just helping a customer in the now?
Today?s post is written by Heather Powell, Director of Customer Service & Project Manager at SafeSourcing Inc.
This author defines excellent customer service as going above and beyond expectations of the internal and external customers to any parts and aspects of the business.
Customer Service is more than just helping a customer in the now, there are multiple and unique ways SafeSourcing provides excellent customer service. Below are just a few highlights:
- Good customer service is a team sport. One weak link in the chain can lead to a negative experience that affects business and the bottom line. Educate our employees on rules for customer engagement. We begin with a set of simple rules, such as be courteous, listen carefully and be prepared to say ?yes? rather than ?no.? The best way to teach is by example. We believe, when you treat your employees well, they?ll be more likely to treat your customers well, in turn. (Open Forum, 2011)
- After you and your employees, nobody knows more about your business than your customers. Customers can be your biggest fans or your harshest critics. We ask the customers how we are doing, what they like about our business and what they don?t like. This is not about collecting compliments, it is an open the channel to all customers. Negative feedback can be especially helpful, though it can be a little uncomfortable. We put mechanisms in place for anonymous feedback, such as a ?Contact us? button on our website and feedback surveys for our suppliers to complete. (Open Forum, 2011)
- While all customers deserve to receive courtesy and respect, our long-term and loyal customers merit treatment that goes above and beyond. Special offers of extra hours, special reports, loyalty and appreciation help give our best customers something extra. Far from alienating new customers, these programs demonstrate that loyalty has its rewards. (Open Forum, 2011)
- Nobody?s perfect, and our customers understand that. When we make a mistake, we acknowledge it, apologize and then move quickly to correct it. We use the opportunity to improve our business processes and let customers know what actions we took to prevent the mistake from happening again. Customers will feel more comfortable doing business when they see that we took the problem seriously. (Open Forum, 2011)
- The key to customer loyalty can be embodied in two simple words: Thank you. Nothing else sets the tone for our relationship with our customers better. Essentially, every ?thank you? says, ?I appreciate your business and I won?t take it for granted.? And it can be just as powerful whether it?s delivered in person or on a printed page. E-mails, invoices and phone calls are all opportunities to let our customers know how important they are to us. (Open Forum, 2011)
Providing excellent customer service is integral to any successful business. Taking care of our customers helps encourage them to continue doing business through good times and bad.
We enjoy bringing this blog to you and hope you find value in it. For more information on how we can help you with your procurement needs or on our ?Risk Free? trial program, please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service Representative. We have an entire customer services team waiting to assist you today.