Climate control systems can represent half of a home?s or businesses energy expense
Today?s post is by Gayl Southard, Administrative Consultant for SafeSourcing.
Climate control systems represent half of a home?s energy bill or more, according to Energy Star.gov. It is recommended inspections of the unit be done twice a year ? one in the spring before the summer heat and again in the fall before cooler weather arrives.? Maintaining your heating and cooling system is much the same as keeping your car maintained properly.? There are five reasons a heating inspection is recommended this time of year.
- Warranty. Whether your system is currently under warranty that covers your HVAC system, your best assurance for coverage for a major repair is a receipt from a certified technician who has inspected your unit twice a year.
- Clean and Safe. An inspection twice a year will most likely reduce the buildup of soot in the burners. When valves are adjusted regularly, you can avoid potential system failure. Cleaning out dust and debris around the system, keeps the system running safely.
- Technician Tips. Heating and cooling inspections done regularly by a certified technician will provide homeowners with tips on how to save energy. Regular filter changes need to be done. Do not clutter items around the system. The unit needs room around it in order to run more efficiently.
- The Best Time of Year for Discounts. After the hot summer months when the system has been running continuously, you can save money on the ?off season?. Many discounts are available after the summer months and before the cold weather hits.
- Six Key Factors to be Aware of When a System Replacement is Recommended.
Furnace age (12 years or older); energy costs keep rising; several repairs over the las few years, burner flame is yellow instead of blue; system makes strange noises; and you and your family members feel ill when the heat is running.
SafeSourcing can provide you with all your service needs. For more information on how we can help you with your procurement needs or on our ?Risk Free? trial program, please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service Representative. We have an entire customer services team waiting to assist you today