The rules of the retail marketplace are changing dramatically
Today?s post is written by Ivy Ray, Account Manager at?SafeSourcing Inc.
The rules of the retail marketplace are changing dramatically. With?the development of new technologies for bidirectional communication,?consumers can get more information about retailers and their?products more easily than ever before. Armed with knowledge gleaned?from a multitude of sources, they are spending their money on the?goods and services they value most and stipulating how they will?interact with retailers.?These rules certainly apply to printing processes. ?There are many options when it comes to mass print?materials.
Offset printing technology use plates, usually made from aluminum, which are used to transfer an image onto a rubber?blanket, and then rolling that image onto a sheet of paper. It’s called offset because the ink is not transferred directly onto the paper.
Digital printing is popular across many markets because it can print?multiple?custom?materials?with each individual?piece containing different information. This capability is?known as variable data printing?or VDP?which?opens up possibilities for customizing?print media?and?printing?multiple versions of the same?product.
Digitally?printed?materials?are vibrant high-quality?products?that can be used for practically?any project.?Some of the?advantages of digital printing are:
- ?Quick Turnaround ? Digital printing doesn?t require plates, so there?is no need to have a different?plate for each color on the label,?which?means a shorter setup time.
- Quality ??Digital presses print at a resolution of almost double that of traditional?print methods?which gives?vibrant high-quality graphics with crisp, clear images and life-like colors.
- Price ? No plates and less press setup time means the costs for digital printing are relatively low for short run?printing as compared to?offset printing.
- Lower Minimum Quantities?? This cost benefit is maximized for relatively small quantities of custom?print materials?or ?short run.??You can order only the amount you need right now, rather than ordering in bulk,?simply to get the best price.
- Design Flexibility ??Variable Data Printing?allows?graphic or text elements to be easily and efficiently swapped out throughout a print job.
In order to be competitive, you should regularly examine whether?or not?your design works for attracting your target audience. ?The production of?personalized?printed?materials?with unique information,?can allow you?to better target specific types of customers.For more information on how SafeSourcing can assist you in exploring your procurement solutions for your business or on our ?Risk Free? trial program,?please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service Representative.? We have an entire customer services team waiting to assist you today. We look forward to your comments.