Do you own one business or are you a corporation with thousands of locations?
Today’s post is written by Heather Powell, Director of Major Accounts and Special Projects at SafeSourcing Inc.
Do you own one business or are you a corporation with thousands of locations? How do you look at your purchasing needs for internal business or goods for resell? Do you rely on the sales person to tell you they have the best product and can get you the best price? Do you research your suppliers? Finally, how do you know you are getting the best product at the best price?
The process in re-evaluating your purchasing habits are the same, regardless of the size of your business, and it applies for goods as well as services. With a careful focus in following areas you can redefine your purchasing habits; you can use this list as a guideline or create your own:
- Lower costs
- Consistent and improved quality
- Products that guarantee safety for your consumers
- Smooth transition to new supplier relationships
- Quality product specifications
- Unlimited new sources of supply
- Well thought out internal and external collaboration and aggregation
- Support for environmentally focused products
- Support of corporate social responsibilityinitiatives
- Evaluation of low cost technology solutions
- Joining and collaborating with a share group
- Review of incumbent suppliers
- E-Sourcing or e-procurement training.
- Existing procurement tool evaluation
- Existing contracts evaluation
- Spend evaluation
- Alternative geography sourcing
- Sourcing and supply chain knowledge transfer
- For resale sustainable practices review
- Perfecting the expense category
As you brainstorm the above list, think of other ways you can do a process improvement for your purchasing habits and create your own list. Prioritize and elimination sessions will help you focus on the areas that are more important to your business needs. Please use the list above as your guideline and make your goals simple and achievable.
Are you overwhelmed and need assistance? SafeSourcing can assist you in exploring your procurement solutions for your business or on our “Risk Free” trial program for RFPs and RFQs, please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service Representative. We have an entire customer services team waiting to assist you today.
We look forward to your comments.