Nuts are a compact, convenient, and nutritious snack.
Today’s blog is by Gayl Southard, Administrative Consultant for SafeSourcing Inc.
Nuts are a compact, convenient, and nutritious snack. They come in various sizes and shapes and are an easy way to boost nutrition and energy levels without any preparation.
Consuming nuts has shown to improve heart health and reduce mortality from cardiovascular disease. “Consumption of tree nuts and even peanuts (technically a legume, but nutritionally similar) has been significantly associated with a reduced risk of certain cancers and reduced risk of all-cause mortality. These nutritional powerhouses are so potent, eating just a handful of nuts per day has been associated with a 20 percent reduced risk of death.”1. Eight of the healthiest varieties of nuts are as follows:
- Not only do walnuts resemble the brain, they are linked to better brain health. By adding walnuts to your diet, it improves heart health, aids in blood clotting, immune health and platelet adhesion.
- They contain high levels of antioxidants. The antioxidant capabilities are 20 times more potent than vitamin C and 50 times more than vitamin E.
- They are a high-protein snack favored by athletes and fitness buffs. Clinical studies show that consumption of almonds 2 hours before before exercise can improve performance. Almonds may even reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- A macadamia-rich diet can reduce LDL cholesterol in men and women.
- They are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. Due to their high vitamin E content, it also protects against cell damage. Clinical studies in mice have shown that they support brain health by slowing down motor-neuron degeneration.
- Brazil Nuts. They are the best source of selenium. Low levels of selenium produces brain fog and also can affect the thyroid. Brazil nuts can improve your mood and reduce anxiety. They can also improve energy levels.
- They can reduce cholesterol levels. They contain the anticancer, catechol, which has demonstrated activity against drug-resistant cancer cell lines.
- They are high in vitamin B and B6 which is vital to a healthy nervous system. They are heart healthy.
For more information on how SafeSourcing can help your procurement efforts, or on our Risk
Free trial program, please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service Representative. We have an entire team ready to assist you today.
Food as Medicine, Epoch Times,