Today’s post is by Jericia Stevens, Account Manager at SafeSourcing
Relating my life to e-procurement
e-Procurement is a lot like couponing, in the sense you have to approach it with a different mindset. For example, with couponing you have to leave behind the old way of shopping and open your mind to something new.
The old way of shopping:
- long grocery lists planned out without considering price
- weekly menu planning
- bulk shopping trips to the local wholesale store
The new way of shopping :
- Meal planning according to sales
- Shopping at various stores for discounts and savings
- Buying more while spending less because you stock up on product while it’s on sale
This same concept applies as it relates to procurement versus e-Procurement.
The traditional procurement way involves:
- procurement was paper- and conversation-based
- done face-to-face, or via telephone
- longer turn around approval time
The e-procurement way involves:
- an online procurement process to cut out steps and save money
- Simplified software and faster turnaround times
- Real-time interaction with pre-approved suppliers
- Orders can be approved online and completed within minutes
We, at SafeSourcing want to you to see the savings and ROI the way couponers get excited about the saving in their pocket. Let SafeSourcing better manage your sourcing projects. We enjoy bringing this blog to you every week and hope you find value in it. For more information on how we can help you with your procurement needs or on our “Risk Free” trial program, please contact a SafeSourcing Customer Service Representative.